Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Leah's Birth Story

I used to think natural labor was the way to go and had 3 of my children natural, but after Lydia, I am all for the epidural;-). Now don't take me wrong, if you enjoy Natural Labor, I am not condemning it at all, and I do know it is better for mama and baby, but for me I prefer the epidural and admire you ladies who labor without any pain medicine!! With that being said back to the birth story..... Once I hit about 36 weeks pregnant I am DONE!!! So 3 out of 5 of my children have all been scheduled inductions, including baby Leah. I was scheduled for my induction on Friday June 8th at 39 weeks 1 day. Tuesday June 7th, I was just feeling miserable and went to bed pretty early. All night I was in so much pain, with contractions and gall bladder pain( I have gall stones and have had several attacks, I have been trying to hang on to my gallbladder, but don't know how long that is going to last). Around 7 I had all I could take so I woke my husband up and took a shower. We headed to the hospital(30 minutes away), and I cried the entire time. We arrived around the hospital around 9:30. I was having "mild contractions", dilated a 3 70% effaced. Same as I was the week before at the drs office, I was so upset. The nurse could tell I was in horrible pain and the machine kept showing contractions, so she checked me again and I was 90% effaced but still a 3. She said my dr was here and she was going to check me. When she came in she called me a 4 and admitted me, yay!!!! They took me back to my room and did all the hook ups, blood work, iv, etc. I then got my epidural and they broke my water. My contractions stopped, so they had to give me pitocin. I only had it for an hour before I was complete, just in time for my grandmother and sister to arrive from Georgia. Leah Faith was born at 1:20pm weighing 7lbs 8ozs 20 1/2 inches long(my biggest baby yet). She is such a blessing and I love being a mommy to 5 beautiful children!!!
so Fresh and new:)
Our favorite nurse, Sarah
It took Lydia some time to adjust:)
Going home!!

3 comments:

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

She is beautiful! So glad the birth went well for you once you got is going. Those last few weeks can be so hard. That all melts away once you look at your newborn baby for the first time. :)

I'm so happy for you!!

Sammy and Missy Parris said...

Loved reading this!!! She is just so sweet. I noticed on your profile you are from Tennessee. Is this the Chattanooga area. Your nurse looked so familiar to me I thought she might have been one of the one's I had at Erlanger. Missy

Beatus said...

Aww cute. Pregnancy sounds painful though :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails