Monday, March 24, 2008
Today over at Crystal's blog she wants us to do a two hour clean up to get our house back in order. I can't take any pictures because my camera is in my husband's car, so if he comes home for lunch I might take some this evening. Crystal also says before we get started we need to spend some time in God's word. Then we need to get dressed from head to toe. Then she gives this list:
And now you're ready to roll...
1. Put on an apron, turn on some uplifting music, light a candle, and start a load of laundry.
2. Go to the kitchen sink and wash, dry, and put away the dishes. Then, shine the sink (ala FlyLady!) and wipe down the counter tops. Try to get this completely finished in 30 minutes or less.
3. Set the timer for 15 minutes and briskly go through the house and pick up as many items as you can which are out of place and return them to their proper places (and if it's trash, throw it out!).
4. Switch the laundry in your washer to your dryer or clothesline and start another load of laundry.
5. Take some all-purpose cleaner and a few rags and go quickly spray and wipe down all the bathrooms. Remember, this is just a simple spray and wipe of your bathrooms which should only take five minutes maximum per bathroom. Save the heavy-duty cleaning for later!
6. Do a quick sweep and mop of your kitchen and bathroom floors if they need this (and if your home is anything like our home, they will need this!).
7. Vacuum the main living areas of your home--don't worry about moving furniture or going over every inch of carpet, just make sure and hit the main traffic areas.
8. Pull the laundry out of the dryer and fold and put it away. Switch the laundry from the washer to the dryer, and start another load in the washer if you still have more laundry to do.
You're done! Make a pot of tea or coffee and put your feet up for a few moments. Way to go! Your whole family will enjoy the fruits of you labors.
This is my to do list:
~ Read Psalms 55
~ Start and finish laundry(I have about 4 loads from the weekend)
~ Make all beds.
~ Get caught up on school (We got behind because we have been house hunting)
~ Give my bathroom a good cleaning.
~ Put all dishes away from the dishwasher and start a new load.
~ Sweep and mop the Kitchen.
~ Vacuum the entire house.
~ Dust the living room.
~ Take Bryson to ball practice.
~ Relax and enjoy my family.
This is my to do list. As you can see I have not posted in a long time. That is because my husband has got a promotion and we are moving out of state, so I have been busy trying to get this house sold and look for a new one. So please keep us in your prayers. I hope everyone has a blessed day.
I haven't got everything done just yet but I had to update. I was cleaning the kitchen after dinner and I had put some baskets in the living room to fold and when I walked in there Haley was folding the clothes. I did not ask her to, she just started doing it. I have to say she is a really good folder to just have turned 3 in January. I am so proud of her. I will update later.