Thursday, July 10, 2008

FRUGAL FRIDAY~EBAY



My frugal tip for today is ebay. In an earlier post I mentioned I bought a coach purse at a thrift store for $3.99, I sold it for $60. Now that is a nice profit. This week I also have all my homeschool items selling and the children's fall/winter clothes from last year that don't fit. So my tip this week is go through your stuff and list it on ebay to make some extra money. With gas prices as high as they are extra money is a must. For more great tips, visit Biblical Womanhood.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could never get the hang of that site. Don't they charge you for using it?

Audra Krell said...

Nice work. Those kind of profits are very encouraging! Thanks for sharing.

Delilah said...

Yes they do charge, but I was only charged $.35 to list and 8.75% final value fee which was $5.25, so I still made a profit of $50.41.

Calina said...

When did ebay change it's policy that individuals can sell homeschool books again? Is it legal? I have many I'd like to list, but didn't think it was allowed. I thought that was why HSLDA came out with their version of an auction for materials.

You could also try listing your books on half.com. It's part of ebay. You set your price, they allow a shipping allowance and they are listed indefinately. No fees until sold!

Delilah said...

You can't sell teacher editions on ebay, but you can sell student guides, workbooks, or anything else just not the answer keys.

Anonymous said...

Nice profit on the purse! I have a friend that loves ebaying and she has encouraged me to do the same. I might just have to look into it more. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails